Funnily enough, the pattern has never appealed to me as much as Tilly’s other patterns because I am a short girl anyway, and I think it has a tendency to make people look shorter than they are! With that in mind, I decided to carry out a bit of a hack to make it suit my style a bit better.
I had drafted a culottes pattern last year and used that as the basis of the trousers. I had also made a couple of jumpsuits last summer with culotte trousers and really liked that style.
I also decided to omit the facings from the bodice, as I love the look of a fully lined bodice. I used a white cotton lawn as the lining and I think it gives a really professional finish.
Fit wise, it was pretty spot on, but was a little tight across the bust, so I just let it out slightly.
The fabric I used is a stunning Lady McElroy fabric that was kindly gifted to me by my lovely friend Harriet from Sew Me Sunshine. It is a tropical print cotton poplin in the most perfect peach colour. Funnily enough, I had already ordered the Navy colour for my shop, and hadn’t twigged they were the same design so I must really love it!!
It is a tiny bit on the sheer side – nothing to worry about, but definitely not the time to wear black undies!
Overall, I am really pleased with how it turned out. I’m so glad I changed the trouser shape as it is just much more me! I feel like I need to book a holiday now so I can swan around in it!!
I’d love to know how all you Sew My Stylers are getting on with your Marigolds this month!